Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Mini-Challenge for Sunday

Mirror, mirror on the wall...



Here is a quick challenge for anyone who feels like a mild form of poetic brain-teaser on Sunday afternoon.


A Mirror Oddquain


A two stanza form with syllable sequence 1-3-5-7-1    1-7-5-3-1 = 32 syllables, with some kind of opposition between the two parts.

Here is a very quick example: 


This

African
Sun glides over skin
Of rock, gossamer and gold
Silk.

This  
Moon makes of water a cloak
And wraps it around
African
Night. 


As with all Real Toads prompts the link will remain open, if you would like to add something later in the week.

11 comments:

Fireblossom said...

O my gosh...you gals got me to use form! I'm expecting a rain of toads next...

Kerry O'Connor said...

Haha! At least it's not a haiku...

hedgewitch said...

I actually have a scribble that has been waiting to meet this form--I'll post it in a sec. Very cool, Kerry.

Marian said...

oh this is right up my alley. if only my brain could do anything but sleep.
i'll come back later.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kenia Santos said...

I may try this one before going to bed. I'm gathering words. <3

Anonymous said...

This got me firing on all cylinders! Thank you so much!

Jinksy said...

Thanks!

Laurie Kolp said...

Better late than never, right?

Lillian Susan Thomas said...

I don't remember how to respond to a challenge on here. Do I post it as a comment here, or do I give a link for where to find it on my blog?

Marian said...

oh i am behind, on to the next!

lillian, use the linky tool--your name goes in the top box and the link to your poem in the bottom box.

hedgewitch said...

Lillian--thanks for your kind comment at my place. I am unable to view your blog, unfortunately. I'm taken to an error screen that says my "ID" is not valid, so I can't return the courtesy. Sorry.