Thursday, April 23, 2015

Last Legs




Hey Toads!  We are on the last leg of National Poetry Month.  (The 23rd day!)  

You (if like me) may also be on your last legs.

And, hey, those are great legs you’ve got there too. 

So go with them!  How about a poem about legs?  Yours or anyone else’s. Including any other creature. 

I had a much clearer picture of a spider but thought it might upset you.
 

From New York City today.


Or the legs of any other being. Below is the Buddha.




 If you want to run not walk away from that idea as far and fast as you can, how about simply “last”?  Now that is a word that can go far.

So the prompt:  last legs or leg or legs or last or lasts. (You can even just write about what lasts--legs or not!)   Your choice!  

(Note that I really mean for this to be broad, and myself to be compassionate, so if you want to link an older poem that fits that's okay too.  Just do try to visit others; compassion is definitely needed right now.) 

Thanks!  (All pics are mine--feel free to use with proper attribution to me, Karin Gustafson, Manicddaily, a/k/a Outlawyer.) 


Something lasting, albeit a little crooked here.




15 comments:

Sumana Roy said...

a good prompt..thanks :)

hedgewitch said...

Thank you Karin, for an imaginative challenge, and for letting us use an older poem. Hopefully this does not disqualify me from our April appreciation of poetry, but today it was this or nothing.

Outlawyer said...

Thanks Sumana and Hedge! No limits here--the April sky is wide--this toad likes looking up at it. Thanks much for your participation. k.

Gillena Cox said...

luv it; took me straight to my zany side

much love...

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Hello everyone,

Really enjoyed this challenge as I felt it was very inspiring! I chose the word "Last" as inspiration.

Thank you Karin for this wonderful opportunity :D

Lots of love,
Sanaa

Hannah said...

Hello! Thank you for the challenge...hate to post and run but I must...and I will be back to read you all late today and/or early tomorrow. Thank you in advance for reading my poem! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, Karin! Last legs spoke to me quite clearly. Thanks for your work.

Outlawyer said...

Hi all! thanks for participating. I will probably not be able to make the rounds till somewhat later today, but your participation is much appreciated! And energy! k.

Jim said...

Nice prompt, k. When we talk of legs I either think of 'pretty legs' or legs that fail, needing new joints like I have. I chose the first, the pleasant.
..

Buddah Moskowitz said...

Thanks for the prompt - didn't have much time, so it's hardly a poem. Love, Mosk

Other Mary said...

Why was that so hard? Thanks Karin.

Susie Clevenger said...

Great Challenge Karin. I am running out of steam. I know I didn't do this challenge justice.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Couldn't get too serious about this one (or maybe I did!).

grapeling said...

well, K, I scratched something out. maybe should have scratched it out, though...

thanks for the prompt - cool one ~

Ella said...

Thank you, Karin! Mine is non fiction-I am so tired. I want another attempt at this prompt..when my legs work again~