Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Tuesday Platform

Welcome to The Imaginary Garden's Open Link




Enjoy the interpretation of Edgar Allan Poe's Dream Within a Dream! It is something to keep in mind that once a poem has been written and shared with a greater audience, it may then be subject to interpretation and serve as further artistic inspiration to subsequent generations. I find this to be a most profound characteristic of the written word.

Tuesdays provide a wonderful opportunity for us to share our own poetry. I always look forward to reading, contemplating and responding to the wealth of creative thought which is linked up each week. Thank you to all those who drop by and contribute to our poetry community.



9 comments:

Jim said...

Thank you, Kerry. Poe is at the top of my favorite list and this one really intrigues me. I could not do it justice but I did enjoy keying my ten lines. I hope I conveyed a bit of sadness with a 'grain' of hope. I am not Poe but would loved to have been.
Thanks again.
..

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Hello everyone,

Hope you're all having a wonderful week so far :D sharing my poem "A night to remember." Hope you guys like it :D

Thank you Kerry for this lovely opportunity :D

Lots of love,
Sanaa

Gillena Cox said...

have a nice Tuesday everyone

much love...

Marian said...

Good morning, friends! Hope everyone is well.
I am surprised to be offering up anything on the stage today, as I've been completely distracted and unproductive, at least in writing poetry anyway. Hope everyone here is more focused than I am. :)
Happy week, Marian

Unknown said...

I am always grateful for the Tuesday Platform. Thank you for continuing to let me play in the garden.

Anonymous said...

You are certainly right, Kerry--the written word quite malleable beyond what we intend even. Thanks as always. k.

Buddah Moskowitz said...

'Allo! I've included my latest poemonologue - its a voice in my head. Hope it touches you.

Anonymous said...

Edgar Allen Poe. He's always a joy to read his fine memorable works of poetry.

:)

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

That interpretation of Poe's poem was WONDERFUL. What a treat!

Speaking of things open to interpretation, I'm sharing with you some recent erotica.